I've been in Chicago, well Evanston, for three days now, and already I feel like the time is flying by. It's creeping by a little too, though. I had my first day of orientation today, and at the end of it all, I feel very inadequate, yet grateful to be here. My fear now is not as much, "Will I get into this class or that class?", but moreso that I won't take, or be able to take, or feel like I will be able to take advantage of all the opportunities available to me. The classes and work associated with them seem overwhelming; I have a work-study and Leadership Scholarship volunteer hours to work; and next year I will have Field Education. One thing at a time, I keep reminding myself.
Worship in the Chapel of the Unnamed Faithful this morning was comforting and challenging at the same time. Being in a place where everyone seems so faithful and gracious is fun and exciting. Singing songs of various worship styles in the same worship service was refreshing. Meeting new friends and listening to journey stories is encouraging, yet challenging for an introvert like me. "Enjoy this part of your journey, because you will not likely have another experience like this," and "Let loose and do it," is the advice I have received today. May I find the strength and courage that God has given me to do so.
No comments:
Post a Comment